Thank you for visiting. We need to raise £80,000 to get our swimming pool back up and running. It has been a fantastic resource for all the children at the school for many years. It now needs a total revamp. And we want to do it right so that future generations can enjoy this amazing facility. Thanks for your support 🙂
You can donate online now via our special online fundraising page below:
Here’s a breakdown of the costs involved:
- Plant & Machinery – £9,000
- Heating & Filtration – £15,000
- Pool Relining – £30,000
- Pool Covers – £10,000
- Auto Doser & Pool Hand Rails – £11,000
- Other & Contingency – £,5000
- TOTAL COST: £80,000
The outdoor pool at Tillingbourne Junior School has given thousands of children the chance to learn to swim over the last 50 years, with swimming lessons, galas and triathlons. Many of these children may not otherwise have had a chance to learn to swim; they have gone on to become confident swimmers.
- To give children the opportunity to learn to swim in a safe environment. Give children the opportunity to learn to swim beyond the minimum requirement of the national curriculum. Provide additional swimming for children from deprived backgrounds.
- To give the school children the opportunity to take part in competitive swimming galas with their friends. To bring back the school triathlon, giving local school children the chance to run, cycle and swim to victory in their school grounds!
- To operate the pool for the benefit of the school community and users, as economically as possible to ensure a sustainable future for the provision of swimming at Tillingbourne by providing energy efficient filtration and heating systems.
Thank you for visiting.
The SOS Team 🙂